Apprenticeships, Trades, Jobs & Internships
- Overview video about how apprenticeships work (by CNM)
- Associated Builders & Contractors video
- What is an apprenticeship and how do they work?
- Apprenticeship vs. College
- International union of painters & allied trades
Apprenticeships and Journeyman Training
- Apprenticeships through NM Department of Workforce Solutions: overview of how they work
- Apprenticeships listed by trade/topic: 42 different options, ranging from plumbing to carpentry to computer support!
- Journeyman opportunities in the trades: plumbing, pipefitting, sheet metal work
- TLC paid, 4-year Apprenticeship Program: specializations include HVAC Technician, Plumber, Auto/Diesel Mechanic, Electrician, Project Manager, Fabricator/Welder and TLC Quick Facts : salary range for these careers
- Electrician Apprenticeship Program
- Contact info for these programs
Trades/Careers That Don't Require a Four Year College Degree
- CNM's diverse trade programs: everything from plumbing to carpentry to beer brewing!
- CNM Deep Dive Coding Bootcamp for you coders!
- Court Reporting & Subtitle/Captioning Work: if you're a fast typist and want to make GOOD money, check it out! The closest school for training in court reporting and closed captioning is El Paso Community College
- SIPI Community College in ABQ for Native American students has multiple excellent trade & Associate's degree programs
- NM's Department of Workforce Solutions has super-helpful information about local internship opportunities!
- Sandia National Labs Internships
- Explora! Museum Internships
- High Point University Article on Internship Experience (PDF)
Paid Medical Internships at Presbyterian Hospital
Graduating Seniors Only!
Presbyterian Hospital offers PAID summer internships (competitive program, must apply) to graduating seniors only. Nov. 2021 update: Program is on hold due to COVID-19.
Sandia National Labs Internships
Apply online for prestigious and competitive SNL Internships, both summer and year-round.
EXPLORA! Museum Youth Internship Program
Explora! Museum in Old Town offers high school students a 3-year internship. May not be available during COVID: contact Explora! for up-to-date information.
Want to get a job during high school? You need to be at least 14 years old and will need a work permit if you're under 16. Find the permit here and detailed information on the Department of Workforce Solutions website and the Career Solutions Website. Permits are good for 1 year. Eldorado's contact person to submit your work permit is Ms. Fabian.
Companies that often hire EHS students:
- Flying Star
- Many more!
- Research culinary careers, requirements & salaries
- CNM Culinary Arts Programs: non-profit community college
- Johnson & Wales University Culinary Arts Program: multiple locations
- Eastern NM University culinary arts Associate's degree program
- Culinary Institute of America: multiple campuses
- Luna Community College culinary program (Las Vegas, NM): NCACS Accredited
- NM State University School of Hotel, Restaurant, & Tourism Management -- ADA & NCACS Accredited
- Santa Fe Community College -Culinary Arts AA degree or certification, Patissier specialization -- NCACS Accredited