Class of 2024: Just for Seniors!
Join the 12th Grade Counseling Google Classroom for important info!
Sign up for important info and announcements for the Class of 2024 via Remind texts:
- Last names A - E: text @ehs2024a-e to 81010
- Last names F - J: text @ehs2024f-j to 81010
- Last names K - O: text @ehs2024k-o to 81010
- Last names P - T: text @ehs2024p-t to 81010
- Last names U - Z: text @ehs2024u-z to 81010
Sending Official Transcript to Colleges or Scholarship Agencies
Your official transcript is an important part of your college application. Many colleges partner with Parchment, a website our Registrar uses to send out transcripts. When you have decided what college(s) you're applying to, go to Parchment, create a free account, and order your official transcript sent to the college(s). (It may seem that you'll be charged money, but you won't.)
Parchment Do's & Don'ts:
- Do type the full name of the college when you're searching for where to send your official transcript (e.g., University of New Mexico, not UNM)
- Do take your time creating your account; if you make errors, it could be a big problem!
- Don't send an Unofficial transcript to a college; it's fine to order one just for yourself.
- Remember: you're ordering your official transcript; our Registrar will then send it to each college you select. You are not sending the college your transcript yourself!
When you decide which college you'll be attending, order your FINAL transcript to prove to that college that you've graduated. Go to Parchment, order the transcript, and select "hold for grades", so the Registrar knows to send it after your final grades are in and the graduation date is printed on the transcript.
Exceptions To Using Parchment
If you're applying to out-of-state colleges that use Common Application, Coalition Application or other specialized applications, Ms. Velhagen or your counselor (whoever you are working with on your recommendation) will upload your transcript, so DON'T request it from Parchment in this case.
You can print your unofficial transcript from the Course History tab in ParentVUE and StudentVUE. If your GPA and class rank are not available in this format, you can order one sent to yourself via Parchment or email your counselor for a copy of your unofficial transcript.
Financial Aid Support For Seniors!
- What Is The Fafsa And How Can It Help Me With Money For College? Apply for the required FSA IDs (one for you & one for one parent/guardian) at FSA ID.
- Ms. Velhagen's video on how to apply for FSA ID (Sept. 2022)
- Ms. Velhagen's video on the FAFSA. (Oct. 2022)
You can fill out the FAFSA anytime during the year starting December 1, 2023 --the sooner the better, though -- and watch for colleges' "priority FAFSA deadlines".
$500 Scholarship Drawing! Once you've completed the FAFSA, enter your name in this drawing! (coming soon) It's only for NM seniors are we HAVE had Eldorado students win!
- Eldorado Virtual Financial Aid Info Night: Feb 15, 2022 (PDF)
- Eldorado Counseling Scholarship list!
- Expert virtual FAFSA Help on Mondays Dec 2022 and Jan 2023 from 3-6 PM (PDF)
Check out these college & career planing videos on important topics by Ms. Velhagen!
You Science! Don't forget to log into your You Science career assessment account and make sure it's linked to your PERSONAL email instead of APS, before you graduate! You have access to this valuable info for 10 years!
- Slides from final senior meeting 4/18/23
- Slides from Senior Meeting in the PAC Feb. 2023
- Ms. Velhagen's Senior Presentation from English class Fall 2022
- Ms. Velhagen's College & Career Info Night slides from August 2022